BAS
I have to admit that Bad At Sports was at times awkward and a little too cluby, but I do think it serves as a good source for finding out about events and exhibitions within the city. As far as a source of criticism I'm not sure it wants to be a source of serious criticism.
BAT I thought was a well written and interesting publication, even though I disagreed with much of it. I enjoyed the Anthony Elms article, but music and especially metal is completely aggressive and encompassing while most minimal artwork does very little to draw in a viewer. You can sit back and absorb noise, pleasant, droning or otherwise. A minimalist sculpture will sit in a museum and wait for someone to investigate it. That is a fundamental difference.
BAT I thought was a well written and interesting publication, even though I disagreed with much of it. I enjoyed the Anthony Elms article, but music and especially metal is completely aggressive and encompassing while most minimal artwork does very little to draw in a viewer. You can sit back and absorb noise, pleasant, droning or otherwise. A minimalist sculpture will sit in a museum and wait for someone to investigate it. That is a fundamental difference.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home