Angelo Mosca
Usually when I see work online I imagine it to be larger than it actually is and am disappointed when I see the actual smaller scale. Although I was disappointed with the scale of Mosca's work it was not because they were too small but way too big. The subject matter and handling of these paintings is very intimate, and it would make sense for the scale to also be intimate. The large scale of most of the work in the show blew apart the light touch and lucid quality of the paintings. What also confused me was the "crappy" nature of Mosca's canvases, I think that they were all warped and many of them had smashed corners as if they were dropped. The work was not all disappointing however, I did really enjoy the two small pieces in the front of the gallery. Those two pieces were great, and small.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home